Please feel free to contact me if you're interested in attending a class, hosting a workshop or buying Stampin' Up! products. alisonwilkins656@yahoo.co.uk

Thursday 14 April 2011

Family Celebrations....and a couple of cards!

Yesterday was Dave and I's 20th Wedding Anniversary, and we share our special day with my brother in laws birthday....2 years ago we had a big family celebration at my sisters on this day, and I then made a card to thank my sister, using my first purchase from Stampin' Up!, the 'All in the Family Set'...so I wanted to share with you my first labour of love!!

If you know this set at all, you will realise that you get to choose all the heads, bodies, legs etc separately. I made masks using post it notes to be able to position people in front of each other....the one tool I didn't have at the time, which would have been a great help was the stamp-a-ma-jig both to line arms and legs up and put glasses on faces!!!
 Next is the card I made for my Brother in Laws birthday yesterday, and I used a set I haven't crafted with for a while - Trendy Trees...colour combo is Old Olive, Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie...I have also texturised the early espresso card using the new BIG SHOT embossing folders.. I love them!!
 Then onto our Wedding Anniversary card.....well I just had to try out the new Owl Punch....India and I had a lot of fun making this one, and she even made glasses for Dave!! The 2 step bird punch was used for the leaves and the scallop circle added to the Owl punch to make the wings.....Out with the embossing plates again this time, I texturised the card front by placing half of the card blank inside the folder....how easy is that!
 A couple of close ups just to show a bit more detail.....hope you all have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment